I love the idea of adding a planter box or window box to my yard, but I don’t have a lot of money to spend on them. I found some great ideas for making your own that you can use in any part of your home.
Built-In Planter Boxes
Built-in planter boxes are a great way to add color and beauty to your yard. You can make them yourself or hire a professional, but they should be made from concrete, brick or stone. The easiest way is to build them into the ground in a rectangle shape so that they have an inside area and outside area that you can fill with soil and plants. This way you can enjoy your new planter box all summer long!
Custom Made Benches with Planters
Custom made benches with planters are an elegant addition to your garden. Benches can be made from wood, concrete, or stone and placed in a variety of locations. They can serve as seating, planters, or both! Benches come in different shapes and sizes to match any style home.
DIY Planter Box and Trellis
Trellises and garden structures are a great addition to your planter box. They’re also easy to make, which makes them a great DIY project for all skill levels. Here’s how to build one:
- First, you’ll need an idea of what you want it look like. Do you want something that stands alone or is part of the structure of your house? Is there anything specific about the shape and size that needs to be considered? Keep these questions in mind when drawing up plans for your trellis or garden structure.
- Next, measure out where on your property it should go and mark that area with stakes or string so that you can see exactly where everything needs to fit in relation to each other and also so that they don’t get moved around by accident when building them later on (which happens more often than not).
Window boxes are an excellent way to add color and dimension to your yard or garden. They’re easy to install, and they can be placed on just about any surface. With a variety of styles available, window boxes are customizable so you can find the right one for your home.
Window boxes can be used as planters or decorative additions that add interest and personality to a yard or garden without taking up much space at all. The boxes themselves are usually made from wood or plastic frames covered in metal mesh or similar materials; however, the type of material used depends on whether you want something sturdy enough for plants (wood) or if you prefer something lighter weight (plastic) that won’t weigh down a deck railing too much when filled with soil and plants!
Planter boxes and window boxes add color, beauty, and dimension to your yard or garden.
- Planter boxes and window boxes add color, beauty, and dimension to your yard or garden.
- Planter boxes can be made from many materials, including wood, stone, metals, concrete and plastic.
- Planter boxes can be built in a variety of ways: they may be supported by posts sunk into the ground or attached directly to a wall; they may be freestanding; or they may have wheels so you can move them around easily when you want to change things up in your landscape design.
- They’re easy to make! All it takes is some basic carpentry skills (or know-how) along with some basic tools (hammer drill).
I hope this blog post has given you some ideas for your own garden or yard. You don’t have to be a landscaper to create a beautiful space, just follow our tips and tricks for making the most of your space!