Gardening is a fun hobby, but it can be tough to take care of your plants if you don’t have a garden. If you live in an apartment or condo without any outdoor space, don’t give up hope! You can still grow your own herbs and veggies on terrariums or indoor herb gardens. It’s also possible to create DIY storage solutions for your gardening tools that will fit in any space.
How to Build a DIY Garden Shed for $300
The materials you’ll need for this project are:
- A 2×4 frame. You can buy the actual beams from a company like Home Depot or Lowe’s, or you can use two 2x2s and two 2x4s to make the same shape. If you want an angled roof, use longer pieces at each end of each piece of lumber (the diagonal measurement between corners).
- 6 feet by 8 feet plywood panels to make your flooring and walls (you’ll need three panels total). For example, here is one panel at Lowes that might work well with this project: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Simpson-Strong-Tie-1-5in-x-6ft-x8ft-Plywood-(5MM)-Sheathing/2061337#product_reviews_tab
How to Build a Greenhouse for $100
Greenhouses are an excellent way to grow plants year-round, even when the weather is cold. They allow you to get your garden started early in spring, or extend the growing season long into fall. Most of all, they give you total control over the environment inside your greenhouse so that you can grow exotic plants that might not otherwise survive outside in your climate zone.
If you’re ready to get into gardening but don’t have much space or money (or both), a greenhouse may be just what you need! There are lots of options out there—from large commercial greenhouses with fancy heating systems and automated watering systems all the way down through DIY back yard designs made from salvaged materials—and today we’re going to talk about how one person built his own inexpensive DIY greenhouse using recycled materials and PVC pipe for less than $100 dollars!
How to Create an Indoor Herb Garden
If you have never grown herbs before, choosing the right ones is important (and it can be a little overwhelming). Below are some tips to help you decide which herbs are right for your space.
- Keep it simple! If this is your first time gardening and growing herbs indoors, start with something easy like basil or cilantro. The key to a successful indoor herb garden is proper lighting—you’ll need at least 4-5 hours of direct sun per day when they’re grown indoors.
- Get ready to rotate your crops—basil doesn’t like being in one spot too long! As soon as it starts looking scraggly or droopy, move it into another spot in the window so that all sides get equal sunlight exposure throughout the day. You’ll also want to rotate through different types of herbs so that there isn’t any overlap between them (this helps deter pests). For example: if you’re growing parsley next month, don’t plant spinach underneath where parsley has been previously planted because both plants attract similar pests!
How Much Does it Cost to Fence in Your Yard?
If you’re ready to fence in your yard, let us help. We’ll walk you through the process of calculating how much it costs to install a fence and provide tips on how to save money when installing a fence. Unfortunately, there are no easy answers as far as price goes. Fences vary depending on materials used and dimensions, so we can’t give you an exact figure for how much fencing will cost in your area. But we can give some general ballpark figures that should help you gauge whether or not this is something you should consider doing yourself or if hiring a professional would be best for your project.
How To Store Your Gardening Tools in Your Garage
If you live in an apartment, garage storage can be more challenging than if you have a backyard to store your gardening tools. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of ideas to help you store your gardening tools in the garage.
- A toolbox is the most common way to store gardening tools in a garage or shop. There are many different types of toolboxes available on Amazon, so there’s definitely one that fits your needs and budget!
- A pegboard is another great option for storing things like shovels, rakes and hoes. Pegboards can be found at hardware stores like Lowe’s or Home Depot and are very inexpensive compared to other storage options. You can use hooks or screws (depending on if it’s metal) to hang up each piece of equipment on it’s own hook which will make it easy when looking for something specific while still keeping everything together in one place!
Not everyone has an outdoor area, but everyone can have their version of a garden shed if they get creative.
It’s true! You can create your own version of a garden shed in your apartment, and we’re going to show you how.
- You will need a spare closet (or two).
- You will need access to some basic tools, like a screwdriver, tape measurer and hammer.
- A little time on the weekend or during the week.
If you’re interested in gardening, you should definitely consider getting your own garden shed. If you live in an apartment like me, it’s not always easy to have your own outdoor space. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t ways around this problem! There are so many DIY projects out there that will help people like us get started with gardening even if we live in small apartments or townhouses. The best part of all is that these ideas only cost very little money and take only a few hours at most to complete so anyone can do them!