Gardening is a great way to relax and unwind after a long day. It can also be very expensive, especially if you want to add some flair to your garden. One of the easiest ways to add some flair is with a statue. Is it worth it? Yes! But how much should you spend on your statue? What’s the average price of a garden statue?
The Average Cost Of A Garden Statue
The average price of a garden statue is anywhere from 20 to 10,000 dollars. The price depends on the materials used to make the statue, its size and who made it. For example, if you buy a garden statue made of bronze and it is 8 inches high by 10 inches wide and 3 inches deep, then your bill will be somewhere in between $5000-$15000 depending on what the artist’s price range is set at that time.
If you are interested in having an artist make a custom sized and shaped garden statue for you but don’t know where to start looking for one then we have put together some tips below:
- Look online – there are many websites available online where artists list their work so that potential customers can browse through them and choose which ones they like best before contacting them directly (Note: We recommend doing this only after reading our article above).
Cost Of Material
The cost of the material is the most important factor in determining the price of a garden statue. The cost of material depends on the material, weight, and size of your statue.
- If you are planning to buy a small bronze statue with an estimated weight around 50 pounds, it can cost anywhere from $2-$50 per pound (or more). That means that this particular bronze statue could range anywhere between $100 and $500 before shipping charges are added on top of that price tag!
- However if you were to purchase a large concrete casted stone sculpture made out of granite weighing over 500 pounds then you would expect it to be quite expensive due to its huge size. In this case we’re talking about thousands upon thousands of dollars here!
Masonry is a composite material that’s made from cement, sand and water. It’s strong and durable, making it ideal for garden statues. Masonry can be used to create many different types of sculptures including angels, animals and figures. It’s also easy to work with because masonry requires very few tools to create intricate designs that would otherwise be impossible with other materials like stone or metal.
Masonry is most commonly used as a base material for garden statues because it is cheap and easy to work with.
Terra-cotta is a type of ceramic made out of clay. It’s a very durable material, as well as an affordable one, which makes it a good choice if you’re looking to save money on your statue.
This material can be found in garden statues all over the world in many different styles and sizes. Terra-cotta statues are often used to decorate gardens and patios and make them look more natural with their earthy color.
Concrete is an inexpensive material that can be used to make garden statues. It’s a mixture of sand, gravel and water along with cement, which gives it strength and durability. You can find concrete statues in many different styles and sizes, but the best part about concrete is how long they’ll last. The only thing you’ll have to worry about is keeping them looking nice if you want to keep your investment looking its best for years to come!
Cast stone is a mixture of cement, sand, water and marble dust. The mixture is poured into a mold which is then placed in a kiln. The kiln heats the mixture to harden it and remove any bubbles or voids that may have formed during pouring. When the finished statue comes out of the mold, it’s still rough on its surface but requires no further finishing except for painting if you want to add color.
Other Materials Inc. Metal, Wood, Ceramic and Plaster
There are other materials that can be used to make garden statues. These include:
- Metal: Bronze, copper and aluminum are some examples of metals that are used in making garden statues. Metal statues are usually bought by people who want to have a classic statue in their garden.
- Wood: Pine trees, cedar trees and oak trees are all types of wood that you can use to make your own wooden statue. Wood has been used for centuries as material for making works of art like statues because it is easy to carve into any shape or form you want it to take on.
- Ceramic: Porcelain is one type of ceramic material that artists use when they want their sculpture pieces made out of this type instead of another one like terra cotta which we’ll talk about next! Terra cotta means “baked earth” so these types tend towards being reds/browns while other types usually see more blues/greens when fired properly under controlled conditions (which vary depending on where they’re from). They’re both beautiful colors though – just depends what look you’re going for!
There is a large price range for garden statues because they are made out of many different materials.
There is a large price range for garden statues because they are made out of many different materials. In fact, the most common types are concrete, terra-cotta and cast stone.
But there are also other materials you can choose from such as bronze or stainless steel. And if you really want to splurge on your garden statue purchase, there’s always glass or stone!
It is not uncommon to see a garden statue that costs as much as $10,000—it’s just a matter of finding the right one. With so many materials available and hundreds of styles, there is a large range for prices on these statues.