Large plant pots are so versatile! They can be used in the garden, indoors, and even as home decor. While large plants or trees look great in large planters, there are also plenty of ways to repurpose them once they’re done blooming. Here are five things that you might not have thought about doing with an empty large plant pot:
Put a base on large plant pots and use them as outdoor end tables.
To make a large plant pot into a table, you’re going to need a base. It can be as simple as a few bricks or rocks, but it will keep your plant pot sturdy and steady. You can use this idea with any size of large plant pot—just adjust the amount of rocks or bricks accordingly.
There are many different ways you can use this hack:
- Put your favorite potted plant inside the large pot, then place it in front of your couch or chair for easy access when you want to change out its soil or water (the dirt will help retain moisture).
- Put a candle holder on top of the base and fill it with pillar candles for ambiance during movie night! Or fill it with tea lights for an outdoor party instead!
- Display bookshelves full of novels from floor-to-ceiling without taking up valuable real estate in your home by using tall planters like these instead. You can even get creative by creating book shelves that look like trees by placing them next to each other vertically! And don’t forget those magazines! They deserve some love too—so why not put them inside one of these beauties instead?
Make a water feature out of a large plant pot.
You can easily turn a large plant pot into a water feature by placing it on top of another pot, so that the bottom of the smaller pot is submerged in a container of water. The trick here is to make sure you have enough room in between them so that when you add rocks or other objects, they don’t touch and clog up the opening—if they do, your pump might be compromised!
Another option is simply drilling a hole into the bottom. Then all you need is some sand or pebbles and some decorations like shells or stones to make it look really beautiful! You can even add lights underneath if you want it to sparkle at night!
Make your own compost bin with a few large plant pots.
- Fill a large plant pot with soil and compost.
- Add food scraps, leaves, and other organic materials.
- Keep the bin in a sunny spot.
- Water it when necessary.
- Add a lid to keep out pests like cats and dogs!
Accessorize it with smaller pots inside.
You can also add some smaller pots inside to add interest. You can use them to grow herbs, flowers or succulents. If you have a small pet such as a cat or dog, you can place their food and water in the large pot. A larger plant pot also serves as a great outdoor planter for centering your focal point on your deck or patio!
Small pot fillers are versatile and can be used for more than just plants; they’ll look great with toys and other items too!
Add drainage holes to the bottom so they don’t rot.
If you want your plant pots to last and not rot, add drainage holes.
Drainage holes prevent the soil from becoming waterlogged. They are essential for indoor plant pots, but not necessary for outdoor ones because they are already surrounded by dirt and therefore have access to air in nature.
To drill drainage holes in a large pot, use a small drill bit (less than 1/2 inch) to make a hole at the bottom of each corner of the pot. The hole should be large enough that it won’t close back up when you put some soil into it—the best size is about 1/4 inch wide by 3/4 inch deep or larger if possible since this will allow excess water from rain or sprinklers to drain out easily without having any problems with clogs forming over time due to sediment build-up inside each individual opening being too small compared with how much debris can accumulate during heavy rains which would otherwise clog them up completely making it difficult
Large plant pots are versatile home accessories that can be used in many different ways.
A large plant pot is a versatile home accessory that can be used in many different ways. They can be used as a table, or as a planter for your indoor plants. You could also use them to make a compost bin, or even as the base for a water feature. When you have limited space like we did, it’s always good to consider all possibilities when choosing home decor items.
Large plant pots are great for a lot more than just displaying your house plants. They can also be used as planters and even furniture. The best part is that they’re inexpensive, so if you want to make one of these projects at home, all you’ll need is some paint and creativity!