If you’re looking to add some beauty to your garden space, you might want to consider using perennial flowers. Perennial flowers are plants that come back year after year. They don’t need to be replanted each year like annuals do. Some of the best perennials are ones that like shade and moisture, such as hostas and periwinkles. Other great options include white mare’s tails or lavender fields!
Hostas and Other Shade Loving Plants
If you’re looking for a way to add shade loving plants to your garden space, then hostas are your best bet. Hostas are also known as hosta lilies or plantains and can be planted in large clumps and clusters. Planting in clusters allows for easier maintenance over time. You can choose between smaller clumps or larger ones based on the size of your space and what you have available.
Hosta flowers range from white to purple with some varieties having yellow or green petals as well!
Periwinkles and Pink Flowers
Periwinkle (Vinca minor) is an excellent choice for a perennial flower garden. Periwinkles are easy to grow, care for and maintain. They are great for a shady area as they thrive in shade or partial sun. They can also be grown in full sun but you will need to water them more often if you plant them in a sunny location.
Periwinkles are low maintenance and drought tolerant which makes them an ideal choice for rock gardens or any area where you want something that requires little attention. However, the periwinkle does have one downside: it is deer resistant but not deer proof so if you have deer problems then this may not be the best choice for your yard or garden!
Daylily Garden Ideas
For those who love daylily flowers, a daylily garden is perfect. Daylilies are easy to grow, care for and propagate. They can be grown in the shade or in full sun and will still thrive. Best of all, they offer a wide variety of colors that can brighten up any landscape. A woodland garden would look nice with some tall grasses and hostas surrounding the border while peacock daylilies would add drama to an otherwise simple flowerbed surrounded by evergreen trees and shrubs.
A White Mare’s Tail Meadow
- A white mare’s tail meadow is a great way to add color to your garden. It’s also easy to create!
- Mare’s tail is a perennial flower that grows on stems up to 5 feet long and produces clusters of tiny white flowers with yellow centers.
- To grow this variety, you’ll need: 100 percent pure compost or peat moss, sand (or clean gravel), pine needles or shredded bark mulch; one pound per 10 square feet of planting space (e.g., 3 pounds for 30 square feet).
A moon garden is a great way to add color and beauty to your garden space. Moon gardens are made up of plants that have white, blue or purple flowers, so they look especially beautiful at night. You can create a moon garden in your own backyard by planting the right flowers and adding some decorative stones.
This blog will help you learn about some of the best looking perennial flower gardens around!
Lavender is a beautiful flower that can be grown in your garden for years to come. It’s also a fragrant plant, so you won’t have to worry about any bees or butterflies coming into your garden for nectar.
If you want to grow lavender, here are some tips:
- Buy some seedlings from a nursery and plant them directly into the ground. Make sure they get plenty of sunlight by placing them in an area with at least six hours of direct sun each day. This is important because without enough sunlight, the lavender will not bloom or produce seeds!
- If planting from seed is something that interests you more than buying plants from a nursery (which it should), then wait until springtime before starting this process (after all winter has passed). Once spring arrives and warmer weather starts up again, sow seeds directly into potting mix or soil filled containers that have been kept indoors since last fall (ideally between October – March); keep these containers watered regularly until germination occurs which shouldn’t take longer than two weeks based on temperature conditions being favorable enough during those months.”
Perennial flowers are a great way to add beauty to your garden space.
Perennial flowers are a great way to add beauty to your garden space. They’re easy to care for, come in a wide variety of colors and sizes, and if planted correctly will provide you with years’ worth of beautiful flowers.
While there are many different types of perennials available on the market today, these five plants are some of my favorites:
The key to creating a perennial flower garden is choosing the right plants for your environment. You want to be sure that you are planting flowers that will thrive in your climate and soil conditions. Remember that it can take some time before your plants become established so don’t give up too soon if they seem slow at first!