I love flowers, and I especially love making flower jewelry. It’s so easy and fun! You can use any type of flower for this project. I’ve used roses, dandelions, and even hibiscus — they all worked beautifully. I hope you try making your own cute flower necklace too!
What you need
What you need:
- materials (e.g., petals, wire)
- tools that can be purchased at a hardware store (e.g., pliers)
- a pair of scissors or garden shears if you have them, but they’re not necessary (and they might even get in the way). Steps: 1. Gather materials and tools 2. Cut stems 3. Make petal designs 4. Arrange flowers 5. Attach flower to necklace
- wire cutter or scissors (a pair of wire cutters will be easier to use)
- screwdriver and pliers if you are working with jewelry wire that needs a crimp bead
- beads in various shapes, sizes, and colors (optional)
- flat nose pliers (also known as chain nose pliers) to make loops of the different sizes needed for this project. You can also use round nose pliers with some practice!
To make the first petal, fold the wire in half and make a loop at one end using round nose pliers. Wrap the loop with floral tape to secure it and then use your fingers to gently curve it into a leaf shape. Make sure you don’t bend it too far or too fast, as this may cause kinks in your wire. I like my leaves to be quite wide so they can stand out against the other petals. Repeat this step three more times and set aside while you make your second set of petals; these will be smaller than those above them on your flower (they’re called “lower” from here on out). You should now have four sets of lower petals: two small ones created from each piece of wire folded in half; two larger ones created by folding each piece over twice before making loops for attaching them together with floral tape later on.*
To create a second set of upper stems for attaching these new lower ones onto later, take one long piece of wire—about 3 inches long—and form an inch-long oval loop at one end using round nose pliers.* You’ll need three different sizes depending on where they’re going: small (like those pictured), medium sized but still able to fit through all four sets without too much trouble if necessary (these will be used between new sets when making flowers), and large enough only go through two sets close together without risking bending or breaking anything else nearby due its size alone.*
There are many different ways to add beads to your flower. You can use different colors and shapes, or you can make it into a necklace or bracelet by adding string or ribbon on the back of the flowers.
To add another bead, simply hold it in place with one hand while you push down on your needle with the other hand. This will help secure it into place without causing any damage to your fabric stiffener.
Then, repeat this process until all of your flowers have at least two beads each!
To attach the chain to the ring, first use a pair of tweezers to open up one side of the link. Then place that side on top of a flat surface and use your thumb and forefinger to hold it in place while you close up the link with pliers. Repeat this process for all three rings.
Now that you have set your dangles, it’s time to add them! Take one flower dangle and pass its jump ring through both open jump rings on either side of your necklace clasp. Close these two jump rings together with pliers so they stay secure together. You may want to do this step twice just to make sure everything is nice and snug! Repeat this step with all three flowers until each has been attached at least once (I did mine twice).
Now, it’s time to add the finishing touches.
- Wear your flower necklace with a dress, shirt or sweater.
- You can also wear this necklace with a pair of jeans or leggings! You can use any type of clothing that you want as long as they match the style of your flower jewelry piece and how you want it to look on you.
You can make a cute flower necklace!
As a wannabe crafty person, I know how fun it is to make cute things. And when it comes to jewelry, nothing is cuter than flower necklaces. They’re easy to make and even easier to wear!
To make your own cute flower necklace all you need is:
- Craft glue or hot glue gun
- Beads (optional)
- A few flowers (if you want)
I hope you enjoyed the tutorial and found it helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me!