When you need to find a new landscaping company, it can be difficult. There are many companies out there who claim to do great work and offer low prices, but who are they really? Finding a great company doesn’t have to be hard though! With these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to find a reputable landscaping company that will do an excellent job for your business or home.
- Ask your friends, family and neighbors.
- Ask your real estate agent.
- Ask your insurance agent.
- Ask your landscaping contractor.
- Ask your local nursery (or even the ones that sell plants at the grocery store checkout line).
The internet is a great resource for finding a good landscaping company. After all, it’s where most people look for information these days. You can use the internet to search for landscapers in your area, and you’ll find lots of results!
When you’re searching online, make sure you pay attention to the reputation of the landscaper before contacting them. Look at their reviews and see if they have any complaints on sites like Yelp or Angie’s List. If they do have reviews or complaints, try reading through them so that you don’t waste time with a bad company (and hopefully find out what went wrong).
Look at some pictures from their portfolio website as well—and look at how much work they’ve done before! Landscapers usually post pictures on their websites so that potential customers can see some of their previous projects and get ideas about what they want to do next year or next week 🙂
Ask landscapers for references.
Asking for references from previous clients is a great way to see how the landscaper does business and whether they will be a good fit for you. If you have no idea where to begin, consider asking people in the industry who you know or even just people who have similar needs as yourself.
While it may seem obvious, don’t forget that there are many other ways of getting references besides just asking clients directly. Look for comments about the landscaper or their work on social media platforms like Yelp and Google Reviews, read reviews in local magazines and newspapers, contact organizations such as Better Business Bureau or Chamber of Commerce that might have information available on them (or even ask them specifically if they can provide any).
Find out their qualifications.
- Ask for references. The best way to find out how good a landscaper is is to ask their previous clients, so make sure you do it!
- Get a list of previous clients and ask them about their experience with the company. This can be done over the phone, email or in person if you’re able to meet up with them and talk face-to-face.
- Ask for a list of projects they have worked on previously and see if it matches your needs or not (for example: Do they specialize in residential projects? Commercial?).
- Find out whether they are certified by any reputable organizations such as either the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) or the Association of Professional Landscape Designers (APLD). These certifications indicate that an individual has gone through an extensive training program that teaches skills related specifically landscaping services such as proper tree pruning techniques, irrigation system setup/installation/repair procedures etcetera.”
Find out what they can do.
Your next step is to find out what the landscapers can do for you. This will be one of the most important parts of your research, so ask lots of questions! You’ll want to know:
- What are their portfolio? (If they have one)
- How long have they been in business? (Experience is always something I value.)
- What kind of equipment do they use? (I don’t want anyone who uses subpar tools working on my lawn.)
- Who are their references? (If someone can vouch for them, that’s great!)
If possible, get a written estimate.
If possible, get a written estimate. When you’re getting estimates for any major work, this is especially true. It’s also important if the work is not covered by your insurance or warranty.
Get several estimates so that you can compare prices and services offered.
Great landscaping companies are out there, you just have to do the work to find them.
The best landscaping companies are out there and you can find them. You just have to do the work to find them.
There are many ways you can go about finding a great landscaping company but here are some quick tips:
- Do your research, ask around and get online. These days, it is easier than ever to find information on businesses, including their background, ratings and reviews. Check out the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website or Google “[business name] + reviews” or ““[business name] + complaints”
- Ask for references from friends and family who have used their services before as well as other local businesses that may have worked with them in the past.
We hope this blog has helped you find a great landscaping company in your area. If you need more information, please contact us at our office today!