A garden ornament is the perfect way to add a finishing touch to your garden. Whether you are looking for something traditional or more contemporary, there are plenty of different types of garden ornaments available. They can be made from many different materials, in all shapes and sizes so it is important to know what you’re looking for before choosing one. Here I will guide you through the process of choosing the right garden ornament by explaining what to consider when making your choice:
How to choose the perfect garden ornament
- Choose an ornament that fits the size of your garden.
- Choose an ornament that fits the theme of your garden.
- Choose an ornament that fits the style of your garden.
- Choose an ornament that fits the color of your garden.
- Size. The size of your garden ornament should be appropriate to the space it will be placed in, and vice versa. The size should also take into consideration the style of the ornament—if you have a small, traditionally-styled yard, then you will want an appropriately sized traditional-style garden ornament as well.
- Proportionate to its surroundings. Even though most people don’t think about it when they are choosing their ornamentation for their home or garden space, it matters that your choices are proportionate to its surroundings (and vice versa). This is why some people might prefer smaller versions of their favorite structures while others like something more grandiose and over-the-top!
- Wood (commonly pine and cedar)
- Plastic (sometimes made to resemble wood)
- Resin (polyurethane; commonly used for concrete or cement structures)
- Glass (commonly used with plastic, resin, or metal as a covering. See image above.)
Theming your garden ornament collection
You’ve decided to start collecting garden ornaments, but you’re not sure what theme you’d like to go with. If you’re new at this, here are a few tips:
- Choose garden ornaments that match the style of your home. If your home has a modern style, consider going with metal sculptures in geometric shapes. If it’s more traditional, look for wooden sculptures with classic lines and colors.
- Choose garden ornaments that match the colors of your home. These days, most people choose white as their main color because it goes well with everything else (and doesn’t clash). But if you want something different—or if white isn’t working well in certain rooms—try adding some pops of color by choosing some colorful pieces from our collection!
If you follow these guidelines you will have the perfect garden ornaments for your garden.
If you follow these guidelines, you will have the perfect garden ornaments for your garden.
- Size matters: You should choose a size that fits into your garden nicely. If it is too big or too small it will look very strange in your garden.
- Material matters: The material of the ornament should be durable enough to last through winter, rain and windy conditions. This way, when spring comes around again, it will still be there looking just as beautiful as ever!
The perfect garden ornament is out there, we just need to find it.