When it comes to gardening, there are many ways to grow plants. Self-watering planters are a great option for people who don’t have much time to water their plants or who forget about watering them. In this article we will discuss the benefits of self-watering planters, as well as five different products that can be found on Amazon.
It’s a great idea to have plants in your house, both for decoration and to improve air quality.
You know those plants you have on your windowsill? Well, they’re great for more than just decoration. Plants can actually help your health in a variety of ways. Studies have shown that having plants in your house can:
- Improve air quality
- Help you relax and focus better
- Make it easier to sleep at night
- Lessen feelings of loneliness
Many plants you find at the store require frequent watering, which can be a hassle if you are busy or forgetful.
Many plants you find at the store require frequent watering, which can be a hassle if you are busy or forgetful. These self-watering planters allow for your plants to get water on their own. They are designed to absorb moisture from the air and release it into the soil as needed.
Self watering planters are an easy solution to this problem, as they keep your plant watered without much work on your part.
You’re probably wondering: what is a self-watering planter?
Well, these are planters with a reservoir at the base of them. The reservoir holds water and keeps it moist for your plant to use as needed. This means you don’t have to worry about watering your plant every day or two—it will do its own thing! In this blog post, I’ll show you how easy it can be when you use one of these little wonders in your home or garden.
So if you want an easy solution that will save time while keeping your plants healthy and happy, then check out some of these ideas below!
Here are five self-watering planters that you can find on Amazon.
To give you a head start, I’ve picked five self-watering planters that I think are great options.
- Liberty Garden Self-Watering Planter, 7.5″ (Pack of 3)
- SimpleHouseware 9-inch Self Watering Planter Pot with Drainage Holes, Metal Tray for Indoor Plants and Flower Pots (9 in x 7 in x 9 in)
- Commandos Self-Watering Planter W/Drainage Holes: Plant Pots & Gardens – Grow Anything! No More Overwatering! Perfect for Houseplants & Flowers – Made with Durable Resin – Easy Maintenance for Busy People (4 Pack)
- Self Watering Container Tower Pot Garden Kit Set of 3 Flower Baskets Outdoor Patio Decorations Fruit Garden Vegetable Plants
- GROWLIFE 086HG Grow Box Hydroponic Gardening System Includes Deep Water Culture Hydroponics 4ftx12ftx48in Greenhouse Grow Tent System with Fans Air Pump Timer Light Dual Outlet Power Strip Timer Controller Sensor Cloner Growing System
This planter is made of plastic and features a water reservoir at its base.
- Plastic is durable and safe.
- Plastic is lightweight and easy to move.
- Plastic is easy to clean.
- Plastic is easy to find, which makes it an ideal material for DIY projects that require a lot of raw materials or supplies (i.e., if you are looking for self-watering planters on Amazon).
This material can be molded into just about any shape with relative ease, so you can make custom designs like the one featured above with just a plastic mold and some water!
This planter’s unique design makes it stand out from many other self-watering planters.
This self-watering planter is unique because of its three-chamber design. The bottom compartment holds water and the top two compartments are for soil, so your plant will be able to soak up water from all sides. It’s made from recycled plastic, making it eco-friendly, too!
The reservoir at the bottom of this planter holds water for your plant to use as needed. In addition to being environmentally friendly and having a great design, this planter also looks pretty cool!
These self-watering planters are made from recycled plastic and feature a nifty three-chamber design.
You’ll notice that the planter has three chambers, each with a cap. The bottom chamber holds water and will be easy to remove when it needs watering. The middle chamber holds your plants, while the top simply acts as a saucer for excess water to run off into.
To fill it up: You’ll need to unscrew the cap on each of the three chambers, then fill them with water one after another until they are all equally full (the indicator changes color when you’re done). To let out excess moisture from time to time: Simply drain out any excess water by removing all three caps at once for quick drainage!
The pots in these planters are made of coco fiber, which helps maintain moisture and keeps your plant healthy.
The pots in these planters are made of coco fiber, which helps maintain moisture and keeps your plant healthy. Coco fiber is a sustainable material that’s biodegradable, so you won’t need to worry about wasting any resources when you’re done with your plant. It’s also a good choice for plants that need a lot of water or nutrients since the coco fiber will help retain those liquids in the pot instead of letting them through to the soil below.
This ceramic self-watering planter comes with its own saucer so you don’t have to worry about water spilling anywhere.
The ceramic self-watering planter comes with its own saucer, so you don’t have to worry about water spilling anywhere. It has a durable ceramic construction that is easy to use and clean. It also has an attractive color and shape and is large enough for most indoor plants, but small enough to fit in any nook or cranny of your home.
You should get a self-watering planter because they make gardening easier
Maybe you’re a beginner gardener and don’t have much time to spend on your plants. Maybe you’re an experienced gardener but can’t remember everything they need to thrive. Or maybe you just want to grow some herbs in the kitchen or some flowers outside, but don’t feel like spending hours watering them every day. Whatever your reason may be, self-watering planters can help make gardening easier for everyone.
Here are some of the benefits of using self-watering planters:
- They save you time by allowing your plants to soak up all the water they need without any extra work from you!
- They save money because they require less fertilizer than other kinds of pots do (since it’s already built into the system).
- They make gardening more convenient by eliminating one more thing off your list each week/month/year (depending on how often you go outside).
- And lastly – whether inside or outside – these containers look great!
We hope you find the right self-watering planter for your home. If you have any questions, or if there are any other products that we should consider, let us know in the comments!