We all know that plants are great for decorating your home, but sometimes it can be hard to figure out where to put them. The ideas in this article will help you incorporate greenery into every room of your house and make them more inviting for both you and your guests.
A suspended garden
A suspended garden
If you’re looking to add a bit of greenery, but don’t have the space for a full-on outdoor garden, try hanging a basket or pot. It brings fresh life and color to your home while giving your home that outdoorsy feeling even if it isn’t an actual outdoor area.
Bring the outside in
- Use the plants inside your home to bring the outside in. Plants are a great way to add natural elements to your home that make it feel more like a home and less like an office or hospital. And these days, with greenery becoming more popular than ever, you’ll see plants everywhere—whether they’re hanging from ceilings or placed on coffee tables.
- Make sure you’re using high-quality pots and soil when planting indoor plants so they can grow properly and stay healthy while they’re indoors—and don’t forget to water them often!
Hanging planters are a great way to add greenery to your home. While they’re typically used in kitchens or offices, you can use them anywhere. They’re easy to install and will add an unexpected pop of color wherever you decide to hang them.
Hanging planters are a great way for homeowners who don’t have much space on the ground to take advantage of their walls and create plenty of plant life indoors! The best part about hanging planters is that they are very versatile; no matter what kind of look you’re going for, there’s bound to be one available that works for your space!
You can use shelves to display plants. You can also use shelves to display other things. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can use them to display both plants and other things.
Or you could go for something more unusual and have a shelf that displays only one thing: plants.
Vertical gardens are a great way to add greenery to your home. They can be hung on the wall, or they can be placed on a shelf. Vertical gardens can be made from a variety of materials, including clay pots and even recycled containers from around the house. When hanging a vertical garden in your home, you will want to make sure that it is secured properly so that it does not fall off the wall if someone bumps into it or if there is an earthquake.
Terrariums and air plants
A terrarium is a small glass container that has been filled with soil and plants, with or without water. They’re often used to hold small plants like bromeliads, succulents and mosses.
Terrariums are great indoor decorative pieces that require minimal maintenance. Most people keep their terrariums in indirect sunlight; some prefer to give them no light at all. Most terrariums should be watered once every two weeks or so (depending on the plant) but you’ll want to check the instructions that came with your specific container before watering—some are self-watering! Airplants are another great option if you’re looking for something easy to care for indoors. These tropical plants have adapted so they can survive in very little water (sometimes none at all!). Airplants also don’t need direct sunlight—just indirect ambient light as long as it’s bright enough for your eyesight (you can tell when an airplant isn’t getting enough light because its leaves will become pale). Here are some examples of terrariums and air plants:
Houseplants in the kitchen
Besides being a great way to decorate your home, houseplants are also good for you. They can help reduce stress, allergies and asthma; they can help you focus and concentrate; they can even help improve your mood! Houseplants are known to filter the air in the room by absorbing chemicals such as benzene and formaldehyde that may be present in paint fumes or cleaning products.
They’re also known for their ability to reduce allergens like dust mites (a common cause of sneezing) because they release oxygen into the air through photosynthesis — a process which requires them to absorb carbon dioxide from your indoor environment while emitting oxygen back into it. This means that indoor plants will naturally cleanse your space as long as you keep them alive!
Window boxes and window sill plants
- Window boxes and window sill plants are a great way to add colour to your home. If you’re pressed for space or just don’t have the time to do much gardening, window boxes are an easy way to provide some greenery inside your home without taking up much space or requiring too much attention. They’re also an affordable option—you can pick up a small planter for about $10 at any hardware store.
- If you want something even easier than planting in a box, try putting some potted plants on your windowsills! Window sill plants can be a great way to add some colour and texture to your living space, especially if they’re already full of dust bunnies (I’m looking at you, cat).
Plant stands and hangers on tables or shelves
Plant stands are a great way to display plants indoors. You can find them at any home store, but if you want to make your own, there are many options.
- Wood plant stands can be made from wood or metal and hung from the wall or ceiling. They look great when placed on top of a table or shelf (or even in front of a window).
- Metal plant stands are another option for hanging plants indoors; these come in various shapes and sizes so they can fit any space perfectly. They’re also very versatile—you can even make one yourself with recycled materials!
Wreaths with greenery
Wreaths are a great way to decorate a door or a wall. They’re easy to make and can be made from a variety of materials, including dried flowers and plants, yarns, fabric scraps, twigs, etc.
You can also use wreaths as table centerpieces or hanging decorations in your home. They’re perfect for fall season because they’re reminiscent of nature while still being warm enough to keep you cozy on cold nights!
Green wall or moss wall art or green wall paint or wallpaper.
- Green wall or moss wall art or green wall paint or wallpaper.
- Green walls are a modern way to incorporate a living, natural element into the design of your home. They come in many different forms and can be created using real leaves and plants, artificial materials like silk flowers, or even wallpaper that contains living plants!
You can have plants almost anywhere with a little imagination.
You can have plants almost anywhere with a little imagination. You don’t even need to do it all at once, either. Just start putting plants together in different ways and see what works for your home. If you’re not sure where to start, here are some ideas:
- Add some greenery and flowers to the coffee table.
- Try hanging something from the ceiling instead of having it sit on top of cabinets or shelves (like these hanging succulents).
- Add an accent wall covered in succulent art!
We hope that you’ve enjoyed our tour of these amazing plant-based home decor ideas. From wallpapers to hanging planters, you can find a way to bring plants into your homes no matter what their style or size. The key is to experiment with different styles and get creative!